Friday, November 19, 2010

Wishes for Miami

This weekend we're going down to Miami to visit Husband's mother. We really should get down there more often and everyone feels guilty that we don't.

My parents have never really been one for adventures either, but Husband's mother isn't game for leaving and exploring. That means we hang out in the house.  This comment isn't meant to be irreverent to her, it's just the way she is. Still, it makes me wish...for a different kind of Miami trip. There are some very cool things in Miami, and I would love the chance to see them.  How nice it would be to go off together to visit the botanical garden there, South Beach (which is full of great restaurants, shops and people watching, naturally), and so many cultural stops.

But I realize there's a fat chance of that happening.

Flanders will be patrolling the house and hopefully keeping a respectful distance from the new couch.

I'm looking forward to the view of the Everglades from US 41 on the way down. It's a beautiful journey across the state.

5 comments:

M L Jassy said...

While trapped together in happy family mode in the house, you could watch Season 6 of 'Lost'.

Liz Mays said...

Oh poo that you can't get out and have a little fun while you're there!

Erica@PLRH said...

Have a safe trip! I'm sure something blog-worthy will happen this weekedn. :)

KB said...

I know that feeling, only for me it was a 1000 mile flight or drive and I often wondered if it was worth it. But then I found I could rationalize that this was better than not seeing them at all, and after all it was really so they could catch up with me because I'm the busy one.

Maybe you can sneak out and tour the Vizcaya Italian style mansion near downtown. It was the home of the founder of International Harvester. I like it better than the Ringling Ca d'Zan.

Marvin said...

So how was Miami? Pix!