Friday, November 12, 2010

Things I Don't Want to Run Into

  1. People who were unkind and rude before they moved away and then come back to town and want to stop by and chat. I escaped this not long ago.
  2. Anything I have attempted to cook--it's either burned, tough, rubbery, tasteless or disgusting in any number of other ways.
  3. Born Agains who talk your ear off about how perfectly holy they are while having zero respect for anyone else on the planet with a different perspective.
  4. A roach scurrying across any room in my house like they own the place. It's been a while, but unfortunately it's a fact of life in Florida. It's the only living thing I hate.
  5. Alex Trebek. Thank goodness it's not too likely. (Picture me saying that in a French accent.)
  6. Anyone who remembers my name when I can't remember theirs. I feel terrible.
  7. The 3rd carpeted stair from the top when I'm carrying a cup of coffee. I tripped on it and nearly busted my ass at work a few days ago. Luckily the coffee didn't stain and I didn't die.
  8. A clan of Father, Brother and Husband if they return from a fishing excursion with no fish.
  9. Anyone who frequently uses the expression "You're a real rock star." It was cute at first, but come on, really?
  10. Trees that look like this:
Anyone know what kid of tree that is? I photographed it at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens but can't remember what it is. Remembering not to bump up against it would be important.

9 comments:

injaynesworld said...

I can relate to several of those listed. You've got to feel sorry for that tree. It couldn't possibly have many friends.

M L Jassy said...

I can see a lawsuit in that third stir from the top. Tread carefully, Mixedre!

Erica@PLRH said...

It looks like a very angry tree.

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

I can relate to a few as well :)

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Btw, I must admit I didn't get it right away and was wondering how come I managed to start following a new blog without ever reading it lol

nursemyra said...

Who is Alex Trebek?

Bear Trap said...

It looks like Kat B is the inventor of that tree! Golly, could anyone be more obnoxious than Trebec? Although I am sure he is scripted to a degree he manages to make really smart people feel stupid.

Mixed Reflections said...

Alex Trebek is the host of Jeopardy. Though I'm sure he's a smart guy, his manner is pretty stuffy. He seems to like to make people feel like dummies.

Anonymous said...

I like your list but you're a little one-sided in some of your thinking. My thoughts:

Number two really sounds like number two.

Number three would never bother me if I had Alien Mind's weapon. I'd help those Born Again-ers get to eternity faster.

Roaches are one of nature's gifts. They help keep your house clean.

Does anyone beside Alek Trebek like Alek Trebek? Maybe he's a reincarnated professor of the old school when professors were supposed to be disdaining.

I don't see the name thing as a problem because I can't remember my own name most of the time and I don't get upset with myself.

I thought you were going to say "luckily the coffee didn't SPILL". Then I would have recommended you for a job with my friends in the Cirque de Soleil.

I don't respect wimpy fishermen either. Real men aren't supposed to come home until they have a decent catch to throw on the table.

You must be a tree hugger to express such dislike for a tree that nature designed to protect itself from it's enemies without intervention from do-gooders. I'll bet Alien Mind understands what this tree is all about.

Thanks for the opportunity to set you straight on a few matters that ordinarily don't get adequate consideration from both sides.

Notary Sojac

Smokie Stover