Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sucking Your Fingers? Really?

This morning I took my car in for the dreaded oil change. Something irks me about the fact that you have to do anything but put gas in a car after you've spent all that money. ...Yeah, I know, typical girl.

Anyway, the staff of Honda Cars of Bradenton stocked the waiting room with coffee and doughnuts that actually looked fresh and delish. I didn't dare touch them of course, but noticed that the other three in the room enjoyed them.

How do I know this? Was it because I noticed them standing before the doughnuts, selecting their picks? No. Was it because I could smell the pastries wafting past as they were carried to the chairs behind me? No.

It was because I could hear each person loudly licking and sucking on his fingers as he ate. WTF? Does anyone have manners anymore?  That noise disgusts me. I'm a Southern girl, and I did learn my Southern manners. Sucking on your fingers--especially in public--is pretty gross. True, we weren't at the Ritz, but still... spare me the sound effects.

I know there are much worse things going on in the world. Tell me about it.

7 comments:

injaynesworld said...

Speaking of sucking, Bristol Palin sucked again last night on DWTS and, thanks to her mother's fan base, she's STILL on the damn show.

Now that sucks! But finger-sucking in public is pretty gross, too.

M L Jassy said...

Proposition Gr8-on-my-nerves: those who suck in public forfeit their right to doughnuts for duration of the stipulated sentence.

Mr. Charleston said...

Cher once said that she was turned on to Greg Allman because he sucked her fingers. Maybe there can be some positive benefits from finger sucking after all!

Erica@PLRH said...

Maybe Honda Cars of Bradenton forgot to put out napkins with the donuts and coffee? The customers had no other choice but to suck.

Marvin said...

The upside is, finger-suckers tend to contract diseases more readily than others, weeding themselves out of the gene pool. Plus, grossing out others around them helps prevent finger-suckers from reproducing. Always a silver lining.

Liz Mays said...

Oh that's just nasty.

Audubon Ron said...

My Honda dealer is a pretty classy place. No finger sucking.