Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Romantic Gift from Husband

When you've been married for a while, you take what you can get.

Yesterday, Husband came home with groceries (a gift in itself for him to do the shopping, which he often does--yay, Husband!) and a box.

Neighbor's mother was in the front yard across the street and said,"What's in that box, Larry?"

"It's a gift for my wife--a new Swiffer WetJet."

She replied, "What kind of shit is that, Larry, so she can work?"

Neighbor's mother, how I love thee.

(Husband is a good Husband for the record. We did need a new Swiffer. He's sitting here now testing it in our bedroom..."Boy this one doesn't squirt nearly as far as the old one used to."  ...Comedy: I take that where I can get it too.)

14 comments:

hubby said...

What the HELL. I give you lots of comic relief!

ballast photography said...

Thanks for the laugh--and the reminder to be appreciative to husbands who actually DO the shopping. Mine went last night, and I'm afraid I was a bit hard on him for coming home with several incorrect/inappropriate/insane items...he tried. I should have been nicer :)

Fragrant Liar said...

Whoa. Probably would have been better if he'd said he bought it so he could mop the floors for you. See, so he asked for it. ;-)

Uncommon Blonde said...

Hilarious!!! Love it

Erica@PLRH said...

The rule in our house is that a present can't have a cord & plug attached. What a great day! Husband did the shopping AND wet swifered the bedroom!

injaynesworld said...

I bet he was really proud of himself, too. Oh, well. At least you were in his thoughts.

Audubon Ron said...

I'm a Swiffer man too. I've documented that in some blog I wrote.

M L Jassy said...

You pair of filthy, kinky bastards! If I play my cards right, maybe one day I'll get a wet-jet on my b'day.

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Haha, I love your neighbor!!! And I love the fact that it was your husband who was testing it out :)

Marvin said...

LOL "The Price Is Right" is calling you. You'd be a great model.

I got my darling wife a vacuum cleaner this past spring, but it was NOT a gift - she wanted it.

Liz Mays said...

You gave me a great chuckle with this one!!!

Bear Trap said...

I bet he looks good......real good pushing that wet jet!!

nursemyra said...

Hmmm... we've got dry swiffers over here and i love them. Will have to look out for the wet variety now too

KB said...

My wife won't let touch let alone use her Wet Jet. Sounds like fun. Maybe I should get my own.

Meanwhile I'm reminded of that Broadway song "Why Can't a Woman Be More Like a Man." Then there'd be fun and appreciation when you were gifted with gadgets.