Friday, November 5, 2010

MargaritaTime

If I had to rate this week on an annoyingness scale of 1-10, I'd give it an 8. Sure, a score of 8 is nothing approaching a 10+, but it was just enough to put me in that space where I long for complete isolation from reality.

Each day I've started with a plan in mind and not much later, the entire thing is derailed with 75 new things that weren't even invented 15 minutes earlier. But such is life, right? If you can't be flexible, you'll have issues.

Last night after some much needed rain (ahhh, I love that sound), the weather turned and we're experiencing the first real taste of Fall here in Florida. It's that kind of delicious temperature that keeps you nestled in the covers and apparently also keeps your cell phone alarm on "silent" so you don't realize you're late as hell for work. I awoke with a startle this morning but was able to get ready in 20 minutes.

The weekend should provide a lovely reprieve from the insanity of the last 5 days.

We enjoyed a nice stroll in Bradenton's Village of the Arts this evening. Tomorrow morning, I'm meeting a friend going solo at Robinson Preserve for what promises to be a cool and delightful walk through some of the most gorgeous restored habitat in Manatee County.  When friends sleep in, you gotta forgive them.

And tomorrow evening, Husband and I are looking forward to the Girls, Inc. fundraiser on Longboat Key. That organization makes a tremendous difference in the lives of girls. The dedicated organizational leadership, its innovative programs and the stories I hear of girls who have a new sense of confidence are all prime examples of what good nonprofits do.

Margarita, anyone?  I'm in the mood for a nice cocktail.

6 comments:

M L Jassy said...

There's a local girls' metorship and self-esteem building program called 'Girls With a Purpose'. I do wish there were something helpful like this EVERYWHERE! Happy walking, Eddie-to-the-G. Hope you get a bit below '8' next week.

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Your weekend plans sound good to me! And yep, I'd have a Margarita, thanks ;)

Erica@PLRH said...

I've had a similar week. But maybe not quite an 8... mor like a 6 or 7. If my foot was healed, I'd be at Myakka right now. I hope you enjoyed your quiet time with nature this morning and next week is under a 5.

Let me know when and where to bring the limes!

Audubon Ron said...

Have one for me.

nursemyra said...

I've got my hand up for a margarita!

Marvin said...

Yay!