Saturday, November 6, 2010

Not on the Cheerleading Team

Tonight at the Girls, Inc. fundraiser we heard the story of a girl in the program who had tried out for the cheerleading team at school but didn't make it.

When asked if she was doing okay with it all, the girl replied, "Yes, I'm just fine. I guess they don't deserve to have me on the team."

At Girls, Inc., she's learned not to let her confidence get shaken or her inner being diminished by any outside circumstance.  That's pretty cool.

And it's something we could all remind ourselves of at times.

4 comments:

M L Jassy said...

Give me a G! Give me an R! give me an OPIATE! Gropi, Gropi, hub hub hub...yaaaaay Gropius!

Erica@PLRH said...

I love her self-esteem! Cheers for Girls, Inc!

Fragrant Liar said...

Let's hear it for the girls!

Marvin said...

From the male perspective, being a cheerleader is not necessarily a good thing for a girl. Males might associate being a cheerleader with specific behavior that is unbecoming.