Monday, November 15, 2010

Unusual Butt Calls

You're familiar with butt calls--you know, those unintended calls you make on the cell phone without knowing you've dialed. 

They usually occur when you're reaching for something in your purse and you call the last person you've been on the phone with...or when juggling a laptop, papers, cell phone, etc. while trying to close the car door....or when you're eating in the lunchroom at work and you accidentally called mom for like 7 minutes...

You can tell I speak from experience.

Anywho, I don't have the nerve to tell my sister-in-law that she butt called me throughout her labor on Thursday. Okay, it was only twice, but it was still funny. 

Sister-in-law was having a little baby boy and I received 2 butt calls during the process. Couldn't hear any pushing in agony, or anything you enjoy in all of the dramatic television births, but it was made me laugh nonetheless.

8 comments:

Mr. Charleston said...

Butt calls?? Dang, I thought for sure this was about scatological utterances.

Liz Mays said...

Were you yelling into the phone to try to get her attention?

injaynesworld said...

A butt-call from someone giving birth. Now that's funny. I don't think I want to know how her phone got under her butt at that particular moment.

M L Jassy said...

...meanwhile I was expecting something along the lines of booty calls, with a difference.

Audubon Ron said...

I'm usually on the butt-end of those calls and I listen for gossip and other things I might not hear otherwise - b/c like, I roll that way. Sneaky little peckerwood I am.

Erica@PLRH said...

My husband is a serial butt-dialer. When I'm the recipient my eldest son likes to call it a booty call. Such the comedian.

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

I never knew those were called butt calls! lol Made me think of "booty call" immidiately lol Anyways, getting a call from someone giving birth?? Now this is rare!!!

ballast photography said...

I agree with injaynesworld--I'm trying to imagine how this situation transpired!