Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful for Dinosaurs

It's been a relaxing Thanksgiving. I've taken today to nap, continued my purging of books and clothes for Goodwill, and of course have thought a lot about what I'm grateful for.  That exercise is something I don't save for Thanksgiving. Every day, I always keeping in mind how fortunate I am for good health, a healthy family, work, a fascination for life, friends, a roof over my head and the satisfaction of knowing there are things I can do--however small--to make a positive difference.

Tonight at my sister-in-law's husband's parents' house (ah yes, a fun one, isn't it?), we went around the table and each talked about what we're thankful for. Friends, family and health were of course commonly spoken, and then we arrived at little Jack, who's three years old.

"Dinosaurs and race cars," Jack said.

Ah, I'm thankful to have a little guy in the mix. Simplicity is a good thing, never overrated.

4 comments:

Mr. Charleston said...

Gotta hand it to you Gropie. You've stuck to your a post-a-day pledge and done remarkably well at it.

Dinosaurs and race cars sounds about right to me.

Audubon Ron said...

"my sister-in-law's husband's parents' house"

Whoa, yeahuh. Well alrighty then. Something tells me I would never really feel completely apart of that family.

Erica@PLRH said...

I'm thankful for so many things including 3-yr-olds with their honestly and clarity.

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

This is the kind of exercise that is definately best practiced often enough! Happy Thanksgiving :)