Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wonder Wheel


It's literally been 16 years since I've seen the Wonder Wheel in downtown Sarasota. Every so often (usually in transport to to the Main Bar), we would spot a man with a slight figure peddling down the street in the middle of two 10 foot Amazon bicycle wheels. A very strange sighting. Any Gropius reader who also bore witness to this spectacle will receive a lifetime membership to the blog. (Later, I'll figure out what that means.)


I was reminded of the Wonder Wheel on Saturday as a very bored young man--on his last day of "groundation"--tried to keep himself amused. Kids. They'll find anything to play with. Especially the imaginative ones who dream up interesting ways to get in trouble to begin with.
Gotta give 'em credit.

2 comments:

Erica@PLRH said...

I love the word "groundation". I'll have to remember that one.

I'm glad D-Man was able to kepp himself out of trouble with good, clean fun.

Anonymous said...

That's using your noodle, er wheels! I love that picture. Don't have any idea what you're talking about with that strange vision though. Could it have been the Virgin Mary in a grilled cheese sandwich or Cheesus or anything like a religious delusion?