Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dear Rays, You Rock.






Never in my 33 years have I been excited enough about men in uniforms playing a game to talk about it...(just between you and me, or to even really enjoy watching it).

Here are the sports stars I know: Michael Jordon, ... Yeah. Michael Jordon is one.

But all that has changed. It began last year with my first trip to see the Rays. It's such a young, likable team. At the end of the regular season, I surprised everyone by staying up later than even husband on the playoff nights to see them win. My Rays interest was even strong enough to bridge into another season, and yesterday we had a great time at Tropicana Field with PLRH and her family watching them take down The Twins. I can say, with pride, that I can actually correctly recite the names of most players with accuracy. Another Gropius first.

I must admit that one of the only drawbacks to being there live (and up on the 3rd deck) was that the distance did not allow us to watch pitcher Balfour talking to himself. Major upset.

We wanted to share a bit of our baseball experience with you, like some interesting Longoria poses for all you ladies out there.

And how about answering a few questions if you know the answers. What's the deal with people still wearing the stickers on their new hats? I thought that died. I am incredibly curious about the butt slapping. It's a long lived tradition, but what--or who--started that? BJ Upton carries out the task with more excitement than running the bases.

My favorite player? Of course it's Pena. Adorable, charitable and always kind enough to sign an autograph.

1 comment:

Erica@PLRH said...

Love, love, love the pix!

According to the husband, a butt pat is okay. A grab is uncool. I still don't understand it. You would never see swimmers do that!