Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Week in Review

Last night, husband and I had our first date in about 8,000 years. Dinner at Saijo was lovely, and then...the crash. Literally I was so exhausted that the pull toward sleep overtook me like the most necessary and primordial need in the Universe. It felt like I had one too many margaritas, but unless someone slipped something in my soda, the only drug was exhaustion.

I have been so overwhelmed with various and sundry tasks, worries, details, etc. that thinking back on the week, I can scarcely remember a detail, oh, except maybe these:

  • The pounding on the door by the City of Bradenton police department on Thursday at 3 am. A neighbor had called about the dog barking. Upon her persistent nagging, I let her out at 2:30 am and had fallen asleep again. I feel terrible that she was barking, especially since this happened the last time...ah, NEVER. I'm sure it was unpleasant (and I am truly sorry she was bothering someone at such a wee hour), but geeeeeez, this has never occurred before. It's a little extreme.
  • Recounting the insane bus driver saga from school about 34 times. I finally contacted the State of Florida and a few media folks after sitting around waiting for the Manatee School Board to help me for over a month. Finally receiving some calls back, except it seems like no one can read, so I have to verbally repeat the juicy details over and over.
  • Loads of stuff at work. Read the book.
  • And to end on a good note...Yay! As no penis was detected during the last visit to the doctor, my bro & sister-in-law are having a girl! I am soooo excited. (Yes, I would totally be excited if it was a boy too.) Now, I can start my materialistic rampage for tiny feminine cloths and toys. (And maybe a few humorous gifts.)

According to Pine Lakes Redhead, Mercury will be exiting retrograde today. Seriously, Mercury. I've had enough of you.

1 comment:

Uncommon Blonde said...

Girls are fun to by for!! Here's hoping this coming week is more peaceful than the last