Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Diverging from Life as I Know It with Pepsi Throwback

Summer vacation is far in the distance, and I have spring fever worse than any swine flu outbreak the media could conjure. I've just had enough. Know that feeling? Sure you do. But you could care less about reading my symptoms.

So let me diverge. What's up with this Pepsi Throwback thing? It sounds like Pepsi Vomit. Seriously, say it to yourself: "Throwback." Does that word elicit the sort of images you want to have of something you will digest? Or something you had partially digested that is returning for another look at the sun?

Here's another angle. Pepsi is spending good money to convince us that real sugar in softdrinks is much better than corn syrup...but Throwback is only offered for a limited time. Huh? So in a few months we'll go back to the crap?

I haven't exactly tasted it yet; coke is my downfall. So I'll have to post a follow up. Thoughts? Home taste tests? Gropius wants to know. After you post your comment ('cause you know I want it), listen to this NPR story on the drink. Love the Mountain Dew dissing at the end.

2 comments:

Erica@PLRH said...

Originally, I heard it was going to be called "Pepsi Natural". I guess that didn't put regular Pepsi in a good light.

I'm hoping Coke will do the same thing... permanently. I always have to resist the urge to stop at Fresh Market for an import Coke made with REAL sugar. There is a difference in taste!

Anonymous said...

how about " introducing new Mountain Squirts " for a limited time