Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mercury's In Retrograde...Can't Someone Stop This?

I'm not really sure what that means, but people tell me that it causes unexpected--and not necessarily good--things to happen. Here's a sum total of this week:

  • Starting with the worst of it, the beloved feline companions belonging to two people at work died--in the same day. One was attributed to old age, the other from an unexpected death. So very sad...

  • A family member's house was struck by lightening, frying tv, printer, modem, electric and phone.

  • Monsoon season has hit. I mean, we do need the rain, but it's starting to seem doomsday-ish out there.

  • A good friend didn't get a job she needed, should have gotten and would have been so very right for.
  • Something bizarre is hitting certain "everyday interaction" people, making them behave in strange and not so nice ways. Our neighbor across the street went off the deep end and is taking some actions that are impacting others with totally negative and unnecessary consequences.

I know what you're thinking: stay the hell away from Gropius. It's not me...I swear! The good news is plentiful when you look at things the right way: there are new spots open for two homeless animals, the house didn't burn down and no one was hurt, the thirsty earth is getting watered, a better opportunity is on the way, and patience is building with practice. Plus, karma always wins.

There. I've adjusted my attitude. Now will someone just tell me how long this Mercury in Retrograde crap is going to last?

3 comments:

Erica@PLRH said...

I'm right there with you, Gropius.
Two ER visits in one week (g-man & my mom).
Sweetie performed lifesaving on a stranger bleeding to death. We're still waiting on the blood tests.
On my whiteboard at work I wrote "Iceberg off the starboard bow" and no one got it.

The insanity will all be over on May 30th. Seriously. In the meantime, stay away from BBQ grill - the cause of most Memorial Day accidents.

Good luck and hang tough!

Erica@PLRH said...

PS - As I just explained to Sweetie, Mercury in Retrograde basically means that the Universe is having really bad PMS.

Anonymous said...

And please don't deep fry any frozen turkeys, promise? I will also add this mercurial thought: if things get any weirder with our boss at work I will be forced to start wearing my clothes backwards and start shaving the hair on my tongue. I truly cannot take any more crazy. As Jack Nicholson said in "As Good as it Gets": "Sorry, we're full up on crazy today." Thanks. Bye.