Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sushi Ear Roll? Harry Hematoma is Gone.

Poor Flanders. That sweet girl has more vet visits than any dog in the history of wolf/dingo domestication. Yesterday I came home to find one of her ears apparently weighted down by a water balloon. After some speedy Googling, I self-diagnosed it as an Aural Hematoma, not life threatening but requiring surgery to prevent disfigurement and permanent "cauliflower ear."

That's delicious lunch time conversation.

She spent the day at the vet today, where she was sliced, suctioned and sealed. Her ear looks a bit like a sushi roll the way they have it wrapped.

I feel so sorry for her. She feels bad, doesn't understand how I could do this to her and is currently asleep on the couch. Thank goodness for that.
It's the second time I have had part of her removed... What Gropius reader could forget Gary, the benign head lump removed a while back? We were going to hold a mock funeral, but life got in the way. And now R.I.P. for Harry Hematoma. It's only right to assign it a personality--they were cousins.
Wish a speedy recovery for Flan. Right now, she's not talking to me.

2 comments:

Erica@PLRH said...

Poor Baby!

Is she still mad at you and avoiding eye contact? Or had she moved on to the "feel sorry for me" phase. In other words, whenever you look at her she puts on a pathetic face and whimpers.

Anonymous said...

omg. look at the google ad on your g&e page! hilarious!