Monday, March 30, 2009

When There's No Way to Help...

I am really, really tired. I feel like I've been run over by a giant truck carrying the space shuttle back from Texas.

The reason? Honestly, I think it's from the stress of what is happening to people all around me who I adore to no end. One of the dearest people in my life is in the hospital (again) as she faces an illness that will win when it's all said and done. Ingrid, I love you! You are so brave and amazing in your journey.

A very treasured soul friend has been struggling for some time with significant life/work changes and it pains me to see her enduring this for so long, when she has so much to offer and has been so generous to so many people. She is faithful, resilient. But also growing impatient out of need and frustration. Of course! It's been a long time. Where is the return?

There are others. And the one commonality: it exhausts me to feel so helpless. There's so little I can do, and this is the greatest upset for me. I know in the end, there's a purpose and a place for everything, for everyone. I do believe there's much more to any of our stories than we can understand.

The idea of enduring means a lot. But for now, I just want peace and comfort for them. And good things, like the simple joy you can feel when you're not worried about death, money or the unknown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having dear and loving friends like you who care so much makes it all easier for those who bear the troubles you describe, Gropy. It sure feels like most everyone is swimming through jello these days and hoping not to drown in the goo! rl