Monday, April 6, 2009

Step AWAY from the Screen...

So it's Monday at 7:23 a.m. on the first day of my va/stay-cation, and I've already logged in to my work e-mail. What is wrong with me? I've tried to do a partial psych analysis on myself and, although none of these reasons completely jive, here are some thoughts about why I do it:
  • I'm afraid I'll miss something I was supposed to do before I left...Things are always so hectic when you're trying to wrap up.
  • I can clean out unwanted stuff so I won't return to 9,002, 087 e-mails when I return.
  • I will be alerted to anything big that breaks while I'm away so I won't have the anticipation of returning to something unknown...like life as I know it in the office has drastically changed for some unforseen reason.
  • I am addicted to work.

Whatever the reason, they all point to the same truth: I cannot escape from work unless I leave town! (And do not have a computer with me capable of connecting to our Terminal Services!)

When Wednesday comes, I'll be enjoying this reality on the east coast, but for the next two days I'm going to try my best not to log in again. Can I do it? Bets are on.

3 comments:

Erica@PLRH said...

Were you online so early just so you could get in the queue at ticketmaster for U2 tickets?

Uncommon Blonde said...

Seriously, step away from the computer (or at least the work email). I do the same thing, I have decided the only way to avoid it is to go on a cruise where it's too expensive to go online for more than a minute or go out of the country. I'll settle for either one.

Erica@PLRH said...

Apparently, you couldn't resist the urge to log on again.

Unless the flames are visible from the Space Shuttle, you shouldn't worry about what goes on at work. The office will still be there when you get back. Enjoy your vacation!