Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The "Green Initiative" Surprise

Have I told you how incredible my co-workers are?

Checking my e-mail remotely from New Smyrna Beach last week, I uncovered an all-staff "Green Initiatives" meeting planned for work today. It's something we haven't quite tackled, and the timing is a little strange, but whatever. Last night, I printed a bunch of materials to contribute to the conversation since I'm pretty passionate about it. Nicole had prepared a folder complete with her materials and asked me about my ideas before we headed out the door.

I sure didn't expect to walk into the "meeting" to find the whole staff standing there clapping, with photos of myself on the screen at the FPRA/CWC awards banquet, U2 blasting out of the speakers and vegetarian delights everywhere. Needless to say, I was surprised as hell. Who on earth would do this? The amazing, thoughtful, always giving people I work with. And soooo clever. I'm a very suspicious person, and never had the slightest inkling of this... I am so grateful for them.

Thank you! I will remember this for a very, very long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Stussy. That is so cool. Your co-workers know you and appreciate you. That's so wonderful to see. I love jew.

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, got ya! It's so great to surprise someone who is usually found on the planning side of such adventures! You deserved such a fun and loving tribute. Everyone is so proud of you, Gropy!!! r.