Friday, April 17, 2009

Overdose on Susan Boyle

I know many readers will hate me for this. But if I see that Susan Boyle video one more time, I am going to cross from the realm of sanity to a place where the sun has never shined.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Sorry, I'm not going to post the video here. I can't. Believe me, I'm rooting for her all the way. Her vocal chords should be immortalized and blasted to the far reaches of space during our next mission.

But if an "unattractive" woman belting out a song like nobody's business becomes the hit of the century by virtue of her umatching traits, we've got lots to be ashamed of folks. Is it really that amazing that someone who is "ugly" has talent?

You betta go check yo' self before you reck yo' self. And that's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

OMG - I had this exact same conversation with my husband 2 hours ago. Seriously, it was like reading what I just said. I could not agree more!

Anonymous said...

I'm a sucka for a good sob story. But you make a good point, Gropy. I think she's a phenom because people want to feel virtuous for realizing what jerks they were for dissing her first based on her looks and then hailing her for her great voice and then doing their mea culpas for mocking her in the first place. It's a weird dance of political correctness mixed with cynical superiority.