Friday, February 26, 2010

A Tale of Two Bloggers

So about a year after I started blogging, I met Pines Lake Redhead via blog. Like many of us do, I started following her after I saw a comment she left on another blog, Uncommon Blonde. I had no idea who she was, where she lived. Turns out, she worked with a friend of mine I knew through a professional association.  After a bit of guessing, the friend in the middle helped each of us figure out we shared this commonality.

We met on a blogger's first date of sorts, thinking we we could be friends. We have boys of a similar age and husbands who love fishing. We both work in PR. We love to take pictures. And, most importantly, we both have red hair. (You HAVE to stick together.)

So after our sushi/ shopping gig one Saturday night, our families went out to a Rays baseball game together. We've both been crazy busy with work and other things, but tomorrow, Pine Lakes Redhead and Gropius are enjoying a girls' weekend of our own.

We're driving over to the center of Florida to explore Bok Tower Gardens on the Lake Wales Ridge, an area that sports some unusual vegetation for Florida, since it's located on slightly elevated ridge right through the middle of the peninsula. Tomorrow night, there's a full moon concert out on the lawn there. Please pray for us--it's supposed to be cold and rainy. Chalet Suzanne, the little Restaurant & Inn, looks like a trip.

I'm sure we'll both have stories and photos for you this weekend. Let's hope we won't have pneumonia too.

We're coming equipped with Cheetos, lots to share about work, books, blogging, family, etc.  And for the record, yes, I met her on a blog.

12 comments:

Erica@PLRH said...

I just checked the weather report again... I'm packing warm clothes and a rain coat. Do you think we might be able to break your Starbucks rule if our teeth start to chatter? Please?

You forgot to mention that the room we have booked is for "singles, seniors, and soul-mates."

Can't wait for the girl time and the botany lesson!

Erica@PLRH said...

PS - I made you a PLRH scarf.

Menopausal New Mom said...

How cool that you two met up. You just never know who is blogging just around the corner.

To see what I mean, check out my post on Monday!

Leah said...

Have fun! Excited to hear about your weekend! xoxo

ballast photography said...

Have a great time! It sounds wonderful. I have yet to meet any of my bloggy friends yet, but I am hopeful :)
So are you guys big baseball fans? The Rays were fun to watch in the World Series two years ago, even though I usually don't enjoy them because they're pummelling my Yankees!

KB said...

Wishing you all the best weather-wise. Have fun. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

PS As a neophyte in the blogosphere when I first saw PLRH on your blog I assumed all your followers were personal friends from your area. :>) But it didn't take long for me to realize the outreach a blog can have. It makes geographical distance obsolete.

While you're enjoying the greenery at Bok Tower tomorrow I'll be leading a snowshoe expedition. It will be fun but somehow I'd rather be in FL for the weekend. I deserve a little warmth.

nursemyra said...

what fun! I met daisyfae through blogging - we had a holiday in Seville together in 2008 and we're meeting up in the Greek Islands this June

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I know you guys will have a blast...don't redheads always have fun?! Looking forward to both of your post and pics! Have fun...I'm off with my friend to a quilt show!

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

I always love hearing stories of people meeting via various web sites/blogs and then becoming real life friends! In teh modern times, it's not creepy any more and a lot of times turns out to be a great freindship! Happy for you two! Have mucho fun and hopefully no rain for you!

karal said...

Love the room you guys have book and can't wait to hear and see all about your day. Blogging rocks, huh?

Marvin said...

Oh dear, TWO PR types under one roof. I'm sure there's a Chinese symbol for that. ;-)

injaynesworld said...

I'm a redhead, too. Can I join the fun? Unfortunately, I'm in California, but still... it's always good to meet another redhead. I've met one bloggie friend in person so far and look forward to meeting more at the SITS Conference in San Francisco, in August. Glad I stumbled across your blog. I like your writing and look forward to reading more. - Jayne