Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Quite Possibly the Best Movie of ALL Time

Last night was Movie Night at work. A few weeks ago, we posted a blank paper on the break room fridge and everyone had a chance to suggest the movie they'd like to see. We then voted on SurveyMonkey. The loser ran off alone, and the winner followed those footprints toward Gilder...

That's right: The Princess Bride. Who would argue that it's the best movie of all time? Maybe you. If so, I want your fave.

Fencing, fighting, torture, giants, escapes, true love, miracles...what more could you ask for? (Doesn't sound too bad? You'll try and stay awake?) If you haven't watched this Rob Reiner classic in a while, it's time. It's a real feel-gooder that will make you believe in love again and awaken your senses to hilariousness.

Next up on October 1st Movie Night: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

8 comments:

Brian Weiner said...

I vote for Frank Capra's "It's a Wonderful Life". Sorry....

Close second, "The Family Man" with Nicholas Cage (I heard that collective..."What???")

The bronze medal winner: "In the Name of The Father"

Now...go to Netflix and order 'em up!

Anonymous said...

I've been mostly dead all day.

Mixed Reflections said...

I will pay more attention to It's a Wonderful Life when it's on 24 hours a day in December (this competes with husband's favorite movie, also on 24 hours a day at that time: A Christmas Story, AKA, "You'll shoot your eye out, kid.")

In the Name of the Father is awesome. Good 'ole Daniel & Erin Go Braugh. Soundtrack is great too.

Brian Weiner said...

I'm telling you...watch The Family Man with Mr. Gropius...great flick...

Erica@PLRH said...

Honestly, The Princess Bride puts me to sleep.

I love movies... to many to name a favorite at this point. But as far as warm & fuzzy movies that i could watch over and over... Love Actually.

Uncommon Blonde said...

I'm late commenting on this one but I agree with PLRH - I'm not a Princess Bride Fan. I love chick flicks, The Notebook is my fav. I also agree that The Family Man is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

NEVER GET INVOLVED WITH A SICILIAN WHEN DEATH IS ON THE LINE

Anonymous said...

No doubt one the greatest movies of all time, however, you did fail to mention the rodents of unusual size.