Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mowing the Lawn = Torture?

I wanted something special to commemorate the 200th Gropius post, but instead I'm marveling at the lawn mowing induced torture we impose on D-man every week. We don't live on the Biltmore Estate--in all honestly, it's a 40 minute job at most. And hello, we pay him.

In addition to his drawn out mumblings and frustrated hair grabbing, this is the typical sequence of excuses/ delays that play out each and every weekend:
  • In the evening: I don't feel like it, I'll do it in the morning.
  • The next morning: I'm just getting up--I'll do it.
  • Before lunch: It's too hot, I'll do it tonight.

And today, a new one:

  • The grass is wet. I don't like it when the cut grass sprays up and sticks to my legs.

Oh, sweet procrastination. It's a habit we pick up all too early.

4 comments:

bernthis said...

I like the grass sticks to my leg one the best

Anonymous said...

Tell him to save up his allowance and buy a goat!

I can commiserate.

I will write after dinner.
Oh look, there's a six-year-old episode of Iron Chef on.
I will get up early and write tomorrow morning.
My hand hurts.
I'm hungry.
I'll write at 6:00 pm.
I'll write after I eat this.
Oh look, there's hair to vacuum off the bathroom floor.
I will write at 8:00 p.m.
This chair isn't comfortable.
I'll write after I read this article.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Anonymous said...

P.S.

I will write after I check FB.

Oh look, I need to comment on Gropius.......................................................

Erica@PLRH said...

We have two lawn boys so they can come up wth double the excuses. When they actually get out there and start something it's usually arguing.

I'll mow and you edge.
No, I want to mow.
You missed a spot.
You're not doing it right.
Since I mowed, you get to clean up.
Etc...