Sunday, August 2, 2009

Art Rampage

Freshly inspired by the galleries and picturesque vistas from our July vacation, I'm ready for more art in the house. Husband and other family members suggest that this purchase from a gallery in Cedar Key is a little too bright, but I love it. I couldn't take my eyes off in its gold painted frame hanging among other more typical pieces.

Finally in for framing are two watercolors I purchased for husband at Southeastern Guide Dogs' gala more than 2 years ago.
Today I dragged out the old acrylic paints, fan brushes and Filbert brush for my own depiction of the wide green/blue marshes that have decorated the past week for me.
I miss art in my life, and realize that most of the time, I'm too stressed to really enjoy it. Hoping the new colors on the walls will help keep it alive for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's lovely, Gropy! Can't wait to see what you paint...