Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Little Rays Refreshment


What can I say about the week? It's been a long one. Long meaning "really good" and long meaning "tiring" and long meaning "when the hell is the weekend?" Saturday is here and I have a grand assortment of cleaning, laundry, errands, back to school shopping, work-work, and other mundane but essential tasks.

But tonight, I'm making the trek with PLRH to the Rays game. A girls' nite.

Last night I ended up with a pomegranate martini (highly recommended, and for only $3, how can you lose?) and spinach/shroom/cheese dip after getting shut out of the tiny sold-out theatre Lakewood Ranch set up for Julie and Julia. Sitting outside at McAllister's within 10 feet of the sports memorabilia store, D-Man couldn't resist a walk down there.

The result: the big birthday money purchase-- a Jason Bartlett autographed baseball. Gotta give it to him, he held on to the cash for nearly 2 weeks. Two years ago, I would have thought the ball a ridiculous waste of money, but today I'm a changed girl. Would you hold it against me if I told you that I was even contemplating a personal purchase of a signed and framed Pena photo? It would look soooo nice in the office.

After tonight's game: the post concert with the B-52's. There's Love Shack, and um, you know, some other songs. Like... I'll have to get back to you on that. I honestly can't figure out what it is I love so much about them, since I can't think of another B-52's tune, even if I meditate for half an hour. Maybe it's just the freshness and out of the boxness (a Gropius invented word) they exhibit while still staying clean. Should be fun.

Although I'm not totally digging the "sci-fi" theme that's also part of this evening, it will most certainly make for interesting photos on the old blog tomorrow. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Erica@PLRH said...

SciFi night? Really? I'll have to brush up on my geek. The boys are pouting because they weren't invited.