Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just wondering...

...why it is that
  • My car suddenly seems invisible on U.S. 41, since a variety of motorists insist on merging right into my lane and on top of me, forcing me to slam on breaks, swerve and honk like a mad woman?
  • The wavy words I have to type to prove my legitimacy when posting blog comments and reserving tickets are getting so distorted that I have to try several times in order to get them right? Half of the featured "words" are the strangest things I've ever seen and I have no idea what graffiti stained rock they were dragged out from.
  • I have weight loss mavens and women who are doing terribly racing things following me on Twitter? Blocking them is time consuming and I'm wondering how in the world I attracted them in the first place, with my unoffensive tweets about environmental news, social media and the Rays. Honestly.
  • Whenever I finally get enough motivation to exercise at night, boom: there's a thunderstorm? Don't get me wrong, I know it's late summertime in Florida, and there will always be something comforting about low rumblings and rain, but really...
  • People are still out to trip me up for being a vegetarian? No, I don't wear leather. Yes, I would freeze a Cuban tree frog because they're an exotic species destroying our wildlife. No, I don't eat anything that used to be alive. No, eggs aren't alive...they're just chicken periods, completely unfertilized. Yes, I've been a veggie for more than 6 months--17 years to be exact.

Yes, I have many questions. It's good to stay inquisitive.

3 comments:

Erica@PLRH said...

As for reading the wavy words, maybe you need glasses. In the words of LHB,"These things happen as you get older."

Btw, my wavy word is "befemedi"

Uncommon Blonde said...

I wonder some of the same things ... you make me laugh! p.s. the wavy word below is sathrie???

Anonymous said...

what the hell is a "noriesse"