Saturday, November 28, 2009

Holiday Shopping: The Fright, The Flight & The Glory


Don't get me wrong--I love, absolutely LOVE, buying gifts for people. But something about holiday shopping fills me with fear. It's the fear that I'm not picking out something spontaneously exceptional but something that will just work for the obligation.

I hate that and then find myself standing in line wondering, "What in the name of Sweet Pete am I doing here with this mediocre selection?"  I totally want to run.


But every now and then, a great find at the right price with the right inspiration appears before me like a revelation. Don't laugh, but honestly the best thing I've discovered this season is a stocking stuffer sort of prize for my three year old nephew. Yes, it's the Grow a Frog. How can you go wrong with this?  Hell, I want one. 

If only they would make a Grow a Conscience for the not so evolved people we must deal with on a daily basis. Maybe next year...

3 comments:

bernthis said...

I just dread it, the whole thing. I have three gifts I'm getting for Phoebe and I'm ordering on line. Thankfully, Hannukah is early this year.

Jenny said...

I want one, too!

Mary Freaking Poppins said...

Love the frog... love the idea of grow a conscience.