Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm so out of here...


Vacation? Is it anywhere in the near future?


It's this time of year when the heavy day dreaming begins for me. That's right, it's time to plan our summer vacation. And I have to say, even having a concrete skeleton of a plan is helpful in getting through the muck of this time of year. It's beautiful outside, and I'm in an office....It's an office I enjoy, doing work I like, and yes, I am happy just to have a job.


But the f word, "freedom," is a good thing too. This year, I'm dreaming of the keys. I've been in Florida for 17 years and haven't been there. Probably won't end up in Key West, but Islamorada is a good possibility. Here's me: in comfy beach chair, reading, thinking about nothing, soaking in the quietude of the private beach. Or birding. Or kayaking. Or seeing key deer. Long walks. Few people.


...And maybe one crazy day trip to Key West. Any pointers on where to stay? We're thinking about this place.

3 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

The Keys are FAB! Key West is wonderful but so is Islamorada, it's just much quieter (don't go there if you're looking for night life or even lots of activities but for relaxing it's great)

Anonymous said...

If you want to go to Key West there are two fast shuttle boats that leave from Fort Meyers Beach. It's about a two and a half hour trip as I recall. The boat ride is fun in itself. You'll land right in the middle of the Key West hubbub where you can rent a motorscooter or take a cab. Sure saves a lot of driving.

Maybe you could get to Islamadora from there. Don't know how far that is.

Smokey Stover
Notary Sojac

Anonymous said...

talk to van and jody, too. they found an adorable little b&b place in key west a few years ago and recommended it highly. we've never managed to get our heinies down their either.