Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's Just a Juicy Kind of Day

Spring. I can definitely feel it today. Everything seems joyful. I started today at Selby Gardens for "Walk and Roll," a collaborative event they shared with Senior Friendship Centers. As always, the lush greenness juxtaposed with the water of the bay was invigorating and calming. It reminds me of how lucky I am to live here, where many pay their hard earned bucks to vacation. I've got to remember not to take it for granted.

After picking up some flowers from a heavy accented Irish boy at the downtown Farmer's Market, I headed home to find my backyard filled with sound. An entire flock of Gold Finches was hanging out in the trees near the bird feeder. They're stocking up for the long flight to their northern summer grounds. And I must consider it a compliment they are choosing our yard for the extra calories.


It's pretty amazing when you think about these tiny boys and girls flying so far, and knowing just where they're going. Always gives me the chills.


The wind is sporting that easy breeze today, the kind that just makes you feel like everything is alright in the world. Hope you're out and about enjoying life.

No comments: