Sunday, March 22, 2009

Clean cups & forks...too much to ask?

Ever go to a restaurant to find someone's lipstick smacked right on the lip of your glass? What about unrolling that utensil package to find an ABU spoon? Already Been Used is fine, as long as it was thoroughly washed and sanitized before it's passed along to me.

This morning at Word of Mouth, there was a plethora of grime on the dishes. My coffee mug looked as if it had been kissed by a Mary Kay rep on crack...and it wasn't the baked-on kind that just won't come off in the dishwasher. With one easy wipe, it came off on my finger. Such was the case with my neighbor's water glass and with my fork. So that's three dirty dishes that would have looked clean with even a half ass effort in the sink.

I don't know about you, but clean dishes are sort of an expectation for me. Here's the word: get a decent human or mechanical dish washer to keep customers from talking about how many people have passed the cup and added on grub. It was just a little too gross for me, and I'm super forgiving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh yuck! i don't know what's happened to that place. it's really gone downhill. downhill into the dirt pile. good thing you didn't take flanders there too! she might have wanted to do her emerson pt. fertilizer trick!