Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Office Weight Loss Challenge

All of us at work are trying to drop a few pounds, and we decided to harvest the power of peer pressure to accomplish the goal. So we formed a little "club," each put in $20, and weigh in on Monday mornings for 8 weeks. At the end of the period, whoever lost the most (measured in percent of body weight lost) will receive the collective dinero.

The original idea was that you would use the money for new clothes, but I'm thinking that better motivation will be the guilt factor. If I can remember those who don't have enough to eat each time I'm thinking of going too far with the chips and dip, I will put them down. And I can donate the money that I win to a hunger related charity of my choice...if I can be firm enough with myself to win.

Just when I was thinking this was the greatest idea for me, one of our group members mentioned a better motivator. If I lose, I have to write a check in the amount I would have won to Rush Limbaugh. Oh man, that's some serious motivation, or anti-motivation...however you want to look at it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if i lose i'm going to end up LOOKING like Rush Limbaugh! that should be incentive enough, don'tcha think???? r.l.