Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blog posts about dieting are pretty lame...

...but I just have to share. Remember that little contest at work?

It's going well so far. Aside from the fact that it sometimes feels like I'm digesting my own stomach, I'm on the epic journey toward greater health and hopefully a weight that's 5-10 pounds less.

Discipline is like a slow moving virus that's winding through my system, torturing both mind and emotion. Today I took a seat in our break room to do some editing and enjoy my fake sausage links. (Don't those sound appetizing? Completely vegan, I might add.) Into my space of 80 calories walks our prize-winning chocolate chip cookie maker with a fat tub of them, which she plops down right in front of me. Hmm. Interesting test. Go ahead, ask me if I ate one. No! I did not. (And other than chocolate chip ice cream, cc cookies are my fave.)

I've never been a big calorie counter but I'm learning. (And still think it's ridiculous.) Here's an interesting tidbit: there are 180 calories in 1/3 bag of Pop Secret Homestyle and 210 calories in an entire Hershey's. Let's see--a few kernels of corn or a candy bar?

I hope to one day be strong enough to say no to both, but one step at a time, baby. One step at a time. Just to torture myself, I'm thinking of blogging about the best pizza places in Sarasota & Bradentucky. Any favorites?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also bypassed the wicked cc cookies and ate the grapes that sat right beside them. boy did i feel righteous when i also passed the cookies at the moe luncheon and didn't snap one of those babies into my maw as they went by! the coup de grace was the walk over the bridge after work. now i'm sore, tired AND hungry. but that scale had better cough up a couple of pound loss by monday or i'm going to throw it over the bridge! r.

Erica@PLRH said...

Michaelangelo's in LWR. The family is originally from Long Island. But I won't be eating out for a while.

Btw, a serving of Karma Puffs is 2.5 cups and only 130 calories. Whole Foods is waiting...

Uncommon Blonde said...

I like Pizza Chef on Fruitville - yummy!