Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Facebook Status Lines: We Can Do Better Than This

I'd like to challenge all of you Gropius readers out there to get a little more creative with your status lines on Facebook to make things more interesting. It might involve a bit of guts, but we can do it, troops! Here are some examples:
  • Gropius Jones is not sad that Marjorie North retired. She was mean and snotty to the masses, and I've never understood her methods for determining what fits "her beat."
  • Gropius Miller is planning a food fight at the Bijou Cafe. Be there at 8 pm tonight.
  • Gropius Smith would like to tell you that if you've ever settled with "Gropius is" as your status, you're not that original.
  • Gropius Frangie would like to purchase the molar sculpture from last year's bayfront art display and drop it on top of anyone who mentions a spring training team in Sarasota again. Can't you move on?

Consider it the Gropius challenge. And if you're not already on Facebook, for the love of Mike, do it today. It's a handy tool that promises to push the human boundaries of procrastination when you have a cleaning project, a work assignment or other looming obligation.

2 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

My my ... you are on fire today! I never update my status because it kind of weirds me out telling everyone I know both personally and professionally what I am doing at a given moment. But I do like your suggestions, very funny!

Anonymous said...

Hah! I just got a Facebook page, and I was impressed that most of my friends were quite clever (and literate) when it came to the status updates. However, there is one person who completely ignores format, ie "Jane is...Wow hi everybody, softball is so much fun, right?"

Hannah has weird pet peeves.