Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Alex Trebek Reality Check

This isn't exactly a news flash, but I just have to get it out: Alex Trebek is the most elitist pooper in the western hemisphere. Admittedly, I am a Jeopardy watcher--not every night, but enough--since I'm usually looking for something on the idiot box to mellow out my day around 7:30 pm.

In a phone conversation I was having with my father on the way to work this week, we were discussing Alex's most treasured moments on the show. They would be...
  • Pronouncing a French word.
  • Letting the third place contestant know that he or she will be the first one to select the clue after the break...precisely because his or her score is so low.
  • Not laughing at a pitiful "getting to know you" story after the first commercial break when the contestant is desperately trying to be funny.
  • Deducting points from a contestant's score after a break because one letter of the correct "What is....?" question was mispronounced.
  • Basically anytime all three contestants fail to correctly respond, providing him the opportunity to nod his head, announcing the right question in the most flagrantly arrogant manner possible.

Did I miss anything?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

telling a contestant with a negative score that he will not be included in final jeopardy send a shiver up Alex's leg - Jerome