Thursday, January 29, 2009

Customer service? What's that?

I'm in the midst of THREE unbelievably annoying situations with folks I do business with, and I've now resorted to an emergency breathing tactic to calm down. "Breathe, BREATHE, everything is okay. These are small, small things." But that's not the point. Can you believe:
  • I get this letter from my State Farm insurance agent of 16 years. It goes like this: "I'm retiring, you see, and although I really enjoyed taking care of you all this time, it's time for me to move on." Next day I hear on the news that State Farm is pulling out of home owners insurance in FL. Now, let's be honest, are you really "retiring?" Guess I have to go shopping...for something really boring and expensive. Probably won't be as expensive as State Farm though. (There IS good in the bad!)
  • I renewed a membership with a local film-related nonprofit over a month ago. After an e-mail and three phone calls, they've finally agreed to mail the member benefits I never received. After an initial period of just ignoring my contacts, there was a lot of suggestion that the error was mine and also that I was trying to double dip; something I deeply resent. "I can't believe they didn't give you your benefits when you renewed" is an exact quotation. So your memberships are down? Hmmmm....I may know why. You'll have at least one less renewal next year.
  • Inhabiting the first place on my doo doo list is Sprint. Oh how I want to tell you the whole story. But I'll leave out all of the excruciating details of the saga, which all of us have probably experienced at some time or another. The bare bones of the story amount to a string of interactions with incompetent staff and poor website directives, the likes of which even Ghandi wouldn't have patience for. The worst part is, it's not over. I now have to clean up the crap they created before I can pull out. You SO wouldn't believe what I am dealing with here.

For the love of Mike, will somebody just give me a bowl of chocolate chip ice cream?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sorry, hunny bunny!