Friday, January 8, 2010

Wrong. So Wrong.

I can't even begin to explain how wrong this is. On so many levels. Really.



I could make an entire career out of hating the fact that people torture their animals with ridiculous sweaters and other articles of clothing in which their dearly loved pets wouldn’t like to be caught dead.

So it’s been a little chilly here in SW Florida, as I’m sure it has in your neck of the woods. Flanders may be a pit mix, but she’s a delicate flower—tends to get the chills easily.

But when I say “delicate flower,” I do not mean “prissy puke star.” She doesn’t go for pink. She doesn’t go for apparel. And she sure doesn’t go for dress up, painted nails or cute hair cuts. (Poindexter’s dog is exempt from this conversation, as her dog couldn’t look more adorable in her new hair.)

And disclaimer: If you put clothes on your dog, I don’t hate you. It’s just…we live in Florida. And big dogs are kind of my thing. I just…we’re different, okay.

So here’s the big freaking surprise for me that completely adds insult to injury: Flanders doesn’t appear at all uncomfortable in her new get-up. In fact, she is quite naturally enjoying her new obnoxious Snuggie skin. Like it’s not even cramping her style.


Ah, Flanders. Question. What is this going to do to your street creds?

Truthfully, when it comes down to it, wtf, Husband? How long have I ASKED for a Snuggie? I didn’t find one under the tree this year. You brought one home for Flanders, and you are both making a fool out of me. A recent Gropious Facebook posting read, “No! I will not put a sweater on my dog!!!!”

Eat doodoo—both of you!!!


BTW, on a more serious note, thank you for your amazing dream interpretations. I am incredibly impressed with your power to discern images from a fellow blogger’s psyche. Most of you were very similar in your illuminating remarks, and I think you’re right on. (And whoever made that Gary Coleman comment, where are you? Who are you? Husband and I are laughing our behinds off. Good one indeed.)

14 comments:

Erica@PLRH said...

Molly is in the same boat... no under coat. If it gets much colder, she'll need a snuggie too!

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

He looks like he's just begging for some fuzzy pink slippers to go with it!

Liz Mays said...

Well, the important thing is that her self-image hasn't been damaged by wearing that. Keep a close eye on things. ;)

bernthis said...

a snuggie for a dog? why the hell didn't I think of this stuff?

M L Jassy said...

Do you have the expression 'three dog night'? When it's cold enough to require three dogs to sleep against at night.

Mixed Reflections said...

Cold enough to require 3 dogs to sleep against is one thing...another to require your dog to wear a snuggie!!!

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Hehe, I am sometime guilty of this. My dog doesn't walk around all dressed up, but he has a few cute things... He doesn't seem to like any of them though, unlike yours!

Poindexter said...

as much as I hate to admit it, Flanders looks adorable in her pink snuggie. maybe pink is her favorite color...maybe it is warm...maybe she's just mocking you because you don't have one.

Cristy puts sweaters on the two smallest dogs but Gracyn, the 10-lb alpha gets all depressed when she has to wear hers.

Hope you don't mind but I added a link to your blog from today's diary.

Anonymous said...

How cute.~Funny what the hubbys will do for their dogs!

amazon caregiver said...

Amazon Caregiver, I look at it like this: you didn't put a sweater on flanders because the SNUGGIE IS A BLANKET WITH SLEEVES.
She might be a little embarrassed but she looks warm and I bet she is glad her teeth aren't chattering anymore. As I always say TO EACH THEIR OWN!!!!!

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

p.s. Hey Groppy, would you please go to the following post of mine to get your award? :)
http://sothankfulproject.blogspot.com/2010/01/big-hair.html

kathryn said...

So. Hubby actually purchased (with real money) the Snuggie for dogs.

Are you still married to said hubby?

Is said dog actually able to walk in this canine-snuggie?

Unknown said...

A snuggie for a DOG?! Oh my...

My Jimmy's feet get cold so so I will sometimes put booties on him for walking... mostly we're both happier staying inside though.

Marvin said...

I will not be surprised if the warm and snuggly doggie develops behavioral problems later. ;-p