Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pancakes and Lemonade

Eating pancakes for dinner is a good thing, if you ask any self-respecting carbohydraterian. Especially when it's bitterly cold outside. And especially if you're feeling sorry for yourself that work and life-as-you-know-it is back in session after a comfy set of holidays. The cakes are comin' soon. Husb is in the kitchen.

Until that moment comes, I'm thinking about a reminder from a Gropius commenter that planning an extra special outing in February or March can help break up the post-New Year blues. That's a good idea. Here are some close to home options I'm weighing:
  • Amelia Island.
  • Bok Tower Gardens over in Lake Wales.
  • The Everglades adventure. It's about that time again.
Meanwhile, can I tell you with the utmost sincerity how much I enjoy reading about each of your lives?  I always look forward to what's happened since your last post.


And many thanks to Suzicate, one of my daily faves for sure who I discovered on Pines Lake Redhead (another fave-of-long-blogging-time) for a most unexpected and deeply appreciated recognition: the Lemonade Stand Award. 

Now I hope I'm not breaking the rules here, passing it on to another blogger who's got attitude and gratitude. You're clearly all Goddesses of the written word.  But for a slightly belated birthday gift, I'd love to share it with Mitzi Burger over at Bloggin Boots.

This spirited Aussie lady, recently turned dirty-30, can write like there's no tomorrow. I enjoy her musings on life, her loquacious flirtaciousness, and her gracious gifts of perspective and metaphor. She's learned on many subjects but not afraid to be hopelessly silly. And she'll probably laugh at the Lemonade Stand Award. Love her blog. Check it out.

As for Suzicate, when you can combine humor with love, great characterization of life's best quirks and people, and the occasional reflective moment with spicey writing, you'll get the Water Witch's Daughter. She's a great storyteller. Thanks for the lemonade. I enjoyed it with my pancakes.

16 comments:

Leah said...

Congrats on the award... and I love pancakes too, anytime of the day, any day of the year.

Anonymous said...

I;m headed right over to check out bloggin Boots. Thanks for your lovely words.

Marvin said...

Mmmmmm doughnuts. I mean, paaaaancakes.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

I think I found you thru SuziCate; she rocks!
And I love pancakes for dinner!

Menopausal New Mom said...

Hey, congratulations on your award! That recognition from a fellow blogger is awesome. Looking forward to reading more from you and btw, I love pancakes!

Unknown said...

This is AWESOME... about the pancakes I mean. I *just* walked away from the table... where I had pancakes for supper. :o) Too cool!

(BTW... congrats on the award! ;o))

nursemyra said...

Do you have cream with your pancakes? I like mine with lashings of cream

M L Jassy said...

...and I'm headed right to check out the water witch's daughter! One good glass of fresh lemonade deserves another. Lovely to receive such glowing commendations. I treasure them.

I remember learning how to make 'pikelets' at school holidays cooking class. For quite a while the most fashionable breakfast menu item in Sydney was blueberry buttermilk pancakes. It's just how we like down here!

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Congrats on the award with a funny name!!

I love pancakes, but preferably for lunch :)

Erica@PLRH said...

Pancakes are a favorite for dinner at our house too.

I'd be game for Amelia Island or Bok Tower.

Poindexter said...

congratulations on your lemonade stand award - your blog is totally the best!! Thanks for the referral to Mitzi at Bloginboots too. I'm already beginning to be a fan... cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for your award, Gropy! You are so deserving...and you can have hubby make me pancakes for dinner any time. Did he happen to pour the face of Jesus or Mary into them?

KB said...

Congratulations on your award. You deserve it for all the entertainment you provide.

This will give you a foot in the for-profit sector and who knows, you may be qualified to get some stimulus money. (That's another award given for providing us with such diverting mental stimuli.)

Liz Mays said...

Congratulations on your awards and enjoy those pancakes!

Uncommon Blonde said...

I so need to book a getaway for Spring - great idea! By the way - my post today is especially for you ;)

bernthis said...

even in L.A. I like to know that I'm going to be "getting" out soon. Good idea.