Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gifts for Toddlers

Husband was being a nice little Husband, putting some things that had just come out of the dryer into piles as we were both scrambling to hang up the day and get to bed. I do the laundry, and of course handle that big boy of a dryer which obviously has been working over time on special belongings.

Husband:  Pointing to a new Ann Taylor jacket shown below with "big girl sweater" for comparison, "Does this need to be stretched out or something? It looks a little small."




Gropius: "Nooooooooooooooo!!!!"

Husband: "What?"

Gropius: "What do you mean "what?' I just shrunk the crap out of it!!! ...And therefore, it cost me $30 each time I wore it."

Husband: "I thought it was, like, supposed to look like that...maybe a little bigger after it got stretched out."

Gropius: "That is truly flattering, Husband, but I stopped being able to fit into doll clothes when I was 12 months old."

Husband: "I'm out of here."


Poor Husband. Classic case of killing the messenger.

Gropius: (from one room to the next)  "...Hmmm....maybe our 4 month old niece can wear this. I'll get a package together."

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Even though it isn't! The picture made me laugh. I hope you can find another use for it!

bernthis said...

Hate when I do that. Phoebe would love it. She's 6

Leah said...

Hahaha! You are both funny! Poor Ann Taylor jacket.

nursemyra said...

wow! How did a jacket end up in the washer and dryer?

Poindexter said...

oh so sorry. that just stinks.

Marvin said...

What a cute sweater! $30 per wearing was worth it.

Anonymous said...

I've done that before with an expensice sweater that I loved. I wanted to die, but I gave it to my niece!

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Ugh, don't you just hate it when this happens? Another thing I hate is when some of teh clothings changes its color after washing lol I hope that your niece would be able and would love to wear it when she grows up or maybe you'd find another use.

Liz Mays said...

I did that one time and it nearly broke my heart!

Erica@PLRH said...

Maybe it would fit Flanders?

Paul said...

hahah, newbie husband. It's an Ann Taylor too ahh, they make good stuff.. maybe it can like a muscle sweater or something for women?

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Oh, what a sad, tiny little jacket. Tres chic.
My son did that last year with a brand new lamb's wool argyle sweater I'd given him for Christmas. *sigh* We passed it on to the neighbor's younger boys.
I hope it's a lesson that doesn't have to be learned too often.

KB said...

All I can say is sorry. Been there, done that. But the humor in your post has added more than the worth of the jacket in humor to the world, so consider it a wash. ;>)

Arty said...

Ha ha, at least his intentions were good :)