Monday, September 28, 2009

Giving People the Boot

So I heard a hilarious new story from Husband this weekend about why he gave one of his high school girlfriends the boot. I must say, it's truly astonishing that you can still derive new information from the past when you've been married a while.

First and foremost, the girl's name was Regina. (And if you're a Gropius friend, you know we've been laughing for over a month about the city in Canada with this name, pronounced like a female body part. It's come up in the conversation since Matt Holloman's online radio show evidently has a number of followers from this part of the country.)

Anyway.

Husband visited Regina's house after school to discover that her little dog "left doo doo all over the place inside." He couldn't bear to think of her walking across the floor in which the tiny rat terrier had defecated. It was the last time he visited Regina's home, and the last time he spoke with her--after giving her the boot.

I wish I could top that. The only thing that comes close is the time I told a near-stalker that I couldn't go out with him (for the 187th time) because I had to watch a re-run of the Incredible Hulk. FINALLY I got rid of him for good.

What's your story, people? Gropius wants to know.

2 comments:

bernthis said...

once told a boyfriend I didn't want to fool around with him b/c women on death row was on

Erica@PLRH said...

I got nothing unless you want to count the divorce. the dumbass actually suggested that he thought we could make the marriage work if we didn't have the kids. Were we suppose to put them up for adoption?

You know the choice I made!