Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Five Disturbing Trends

  1. The web cam. So I have this web cam, right? It’s always off, since it’s reserved for connecting with my brother & his new little family once the baby is born. Although sometimes, there’s this faint red light on it and I swear I didn’t turn it on. Who’s watching me?
  2. Ketchup. No matter how many times I shake the damn ketchup bottle, that nasty watery stuff still comes out.
  3. The Rays. I misplaced my supreme gusto for the Rays when they really started losing…like 13 games in a row and then some. I swore I wasn’t a fair weather fan. I still love them, really. Everyone has their down time, boys. But I’m being brutally honest. Am I terrible?
  4. AFH. Each time I stoop to the level of watching Americas Funniest Home videos (which isn’t often), I find it crazy how many incredibly idiotic entries were actually filmed over 5 years ago…as if the families have been fighting for half a decade to get them exposed among other idiotic videos.
  5. Annoyed Interrupters. Today someone interrupted something I had scheduled with other members of my team and acted like I was the annoying one for quietly and patiently pausing, waiting for them to leave. This keeps happening. Om, people, I really think you are important, but can’t you respect my time too?

So what disturbing trends do you have to add? I know there's something irking you.

3 comments:

Brian Weiner said...

1. The "experts" who have no idea what they are talking about. I mean, please, too many of these so called experts are virgins giving advice and counsel on preferred sexual techniques. Who do they think they are kidding?

2. Dancing with the Stars - Dear God...am I dead and in hell or is Tom DeLay competing with Kelly Osborne for dance supremacy?

3. Season Finale's for any TV Show - Guaranteed...someone will die. It will be someone you wish was already gone. The show will be worse in the new season than it was in the last.

4. Food Critics - Seems like some sort of absurd description of a side dish at a bad party. And...are you REALLY going to eat somewhere because one person with a bad set of taste buds got a free meal?

5. Finally...The "Fourth Quarter" of every calendar year. People go slightly crazy, Christmas arrives at Columbus Day, and here in Florida I'm sweating while I carve turkey. Filled with melancholy already, I bid adieu to the peace-filled and indecisive months of July, August and September. (October is 36 hours away and my face ALREADY has a nervous tick...)

Erica@PLRH said...

1. People driving with dogs in their laps.

2. People pushing their dogs in strollers.

3. Toddlers with binkys and/or bottles.

4. Tuttle misplacing everything in the house!

5. Fair-weather fans.

Just teasing on that last one! As Mom used to say, "I will always love you. I may not like you right now but I will always love you." Keep telling the Rays that. :)

Mixed Reflections said...

Brian & PLRH, your comments are CLASSIC. Thank you for making me laugh. Totally agree on all of your points.