Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wyle E. Coyote, Genius

The most genius tactic emerged at work yesterday...and if you know me, I'm not saying it was at my work.

There's a certain person in the finance department at this unnamed place of business who is notorious for not answering e-mails. The IT manager sent him (or her) a note that said, "I'd like to purchase a yadda yadda and the cost is yadda yadda. If I don't hear back from you, I'll assume it's okay to buy and will go ahead and make the purchase." (Details were left out to protect the innocent.)

Genius!

Granted, it may be funnier if you knew the two individuals. But you have to admit, it's not only witty but such a smart strategy.

...And comparing this to my adoring friend in NC who is desperately trying to get the Counting Crows lead singer to have dinner with her family before their Charlotte show by tweeting the hell out of him on Twitter, this strategy will produce the desired outcome.

2 comments:

bernthis said...

Perfect solution. I do that. Unless I hear from you.....works like a charm

Anonymous said...

No luck from the Duritz. He's blowing me off. Little does he know, I'd gladly blow him off.

That was a joke.

I'm a married woman, as I happily explained to the Duritz via Twitter.