Saturday, July 11, 2009

It's Been a Long Time

I know, we haven't spoken in a while. But I've taken some Gropius time.

The little man went to see Miami grandmother, and it was the FIRST EVER week that my husband & I had the house to ourselves. This means the following:

a. Walking around the house in undies is okay again for the first time in what seems like decades.
b. I only had to vacuum once, as 98% of our yard remained outdoors during the course of the week (vs. only 62% normally).
c. There was no arguing, bickering, "I did that!" or other such repetitive nonsense. (See BernThis blog)
d. Husband was unusually relaxed, and
e. We could eat whenever the sweet Patsy we wanted.

So the grand finale is a Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday morning aaaaall to myself. Husband is in Miami for the pick up.

Tomorrow around 12:15 p.m., the front door will open and the dynamic duo will return with the full command of boyishness they both bring when together. It will be good to get back to normal, but honestly, I can't tell you it hasn't been the bomb to have some down time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

S e X ?

Erica@PLRH said...

Walk around in undies? I do that whether the kids are home or not. teaches them to stay in their rooms.