Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oops

When my cell phone rings now, it's pure jazz.

This sudden departure from U2's Elevation came last week when my cell went off in a very serious meeting with about 75 people in the room, including media. Unfortunately, we were at the pinnacle of the compelling message when everyone started glancing around trying to figure out where the intrusive noise was originating. I was way, way too far away to run and get it, as that would have caused a bigger distraction...and um, exposed me.

"This will all be over faster if I just wait a few more seconds," I thought, horrified.

And it did. It ended! On with the show.

Until 10 seconds later, when the rap song busted out to let me know I had a new voice mail.

Needless to say, I had to change the ringer on my phone to keep my cover in the future. I'm usually so good with cell phone consciousness.

2 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

What a funny story! You crack me up

Erica@PLRH said...

Smart thinking on changing your ringtone. I can recognize everyone's ringtone in the office:
I Dream of Jeannie, Gilligan's Island, Magnum PI, Wicked, Michigan fight song, and Wall-E.

Some how, I don't get reception.
:(