Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Very Special Crappy Surprise


Ever seen the '80's movie "The Three Amigoes" with Chevy Chase, Martin Short and Steve Martin? A cute flick that will make you giggle, although it's a little stupid.

The one line that keeps coming to mind today is a rip off from the film: "You scum sucking pigs! You sons of a motherless goat!" Go ahead, say it to yourself, but with conviction and with drama. I know you can do it.

Now these are the words I have for the creator of the very crappy surprise I experienced today. The first day of my vacation, I just had a few things to do online--things that might take, say, an hour. But, nooooo, no sir. I turned on my sweet HP to discover that the malicious mother of all malwares had been installed. As a consequence, I spent all day living through the drama of getting my life back on line. Frustrating. Expensive. And quite maddening, even for a girl who's feeling excited and liberated in light of her upcoming week off.

I just have one word for the malware creators of this world (other than "scum sucking pigs" and "sons of motherless goats"): karma, baby, karma.
Computer karma is no different than any other karma. You make people's lives hell, and there shall be hell to pay. The great part is, I don't have to do anything about it. It's the law of the world. So long, malware poopers. You'll be roaches in the next life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your crapisode, Gropy. I hope this is the end of all bad vibes and the remainder of your vacation is pure bliss. rl

Brian Weiner said...

I have two words for you: Apple Macintosh.

No viruses, no malware, no hassles, no headaches. It was an experience like your HP and me moment that moved me to buy my first Mac. Now I have four...and my whole company is on Mac's.

Erica@PLRH said...

Where exactly did you pick up the nasty bug, hmmm?

Mixed Reflections said...

My next computer will be an Apple for sure. And actually, I was fishing for some good social media research on arts orgs when this headache first emerged. Scary. I feel protected now--the boys at We Fix Computers straightened it out for me. Sometimes I wonder if they help pay the malware creators to keep employed...?