Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Shaken Soda Can and A Karmic Mistake

I feel a bit like a soda can that's been dropped a bunch of times and is getting ready to be opened. I'm oversaturated with information from lots of clever people from all over the country and I'm eager to hatch out a plan to implement some of it in my corner of the world.

Tomorrow one of my favorite bloggers will speak. I've been wanting to meet Beth Kanter. Our brief conversation today revealed her as a genuine gal, full of informative wisdom and fresh with experiences from her work in places I'd love to visit. Have you seen her blog?

And there was good news for the cells in body--Loews did better on breakfast this morning and supplemented the regular lunch offerings with a good 'ole garden burger option. Alright! We're now at least getting to the 90's in terms of alternative food choices.

The Karmic Mistake of the Day: A large tray of cheese and fruit, a bowl of assorted nuts, and a $100 bottle of wine were mistakenly delivered to our room with a note to a gentleman I've never met. I called downstairs to inform them of the mistake, and the nice lady just told me to enjoy it. Repayment for the bowl of bare lettuce?

3 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

That's always the problem with conferences, you get so much great info but by the time I catch up back at work I always feel a little less enthusiastic. Yea for free wine!

Anonymous said...

haha! someone up there wants to balance the universe!!! hope you didn't share your good fortune and downed that wine all by yourself! enjoy your session tomorrow and come home safely. miss you!

Anonymous said...

leave the fruit,nuts,& dairy...bring back the wine.