Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Highlight of Today

I can't decide if it's...
  • 2 seconds ago, when husband came in the room with a look of fear, desperately wanting me to pull off the 15 year old cowboy boots he tried on for the first time in forever and couldn't get off...OR
  • The happy Verizon customer service rep who was thrilled to help me add more services but would not--could not--help me downgrade. (That's a separate number you have to call during the business week, thank you very much) ....OR

  • The kayaking trip through Fort Hammer & the Manatee River.

I think I'll take the kayaking. The clouds were in wispy craziness across the sky, peeping migratory birds were conversing in inexplicable tongues while hidden in the tall grasses, and I got to lose myself and all worries in the entire landscape.

The lizard that hitched a ride inside the kayak from our backyard all the way to the river didn't even complain. I picture him sleeping soundly back in the overturned vessel outside the office window.

No comments: