Friday, November 28, 2008

Dear Sales Associate:

I am so sorry for the load of merchandise I left in a random location of Kohl's after catching a glimpse of the 60+ person line.

For some reason, I dedicated the greater part of today--the day after Thanksgiving--to shopping. Yes, I chose to join hoards of crazy people raping the racks of moderately discounted stuff for the bargains of the century.

There's a fine balance between finding something your loved ones REALLY want and just buying because they would probably like it and it's on sale. I clearly don't have enough patience for this. That's why I'm doing a little more peaceful, well considered shopping online and sparing myself the insane traffic and war-zone parking lots. ...But that's after the fact.

I also chose to finally treat my Honda to its long-awaited oil change today, which took only slightly over an hour (a vast improvement from previous two hour visits--that's with an appointment). We spent this time doing grammar lessons in the waiting room while annoyed grown-ups sighed and cast nasty glances conveying the obvious message: "I hate grammar! Shut uuuup! Spare the child!"
We're back at home, and a pizza is sounding really good right now. By the way, Alternative Gifts International is an awesome place to shop. (I know, I just mentioned it in yesterday's post, but really, you should visit it.) How did you spend your day?

3 comments:

BiLLiON $$$ said...

ooo black friday gets everyone :)

Anonymous said...

lets make it easy and give everyone coal.

Anonymous said...

60+? - that's why they call it black Friday