Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's the Little Things That Keep Me Amused

When life is rushed and things don't always go exactly as you would like them to, finding humor in the little things keeps me dangling on the thread of sanity, instead of hanging myself by it. Take these minor intrigues of the week:
  • Husband and I hit rock bottom after having a good but tiring activity-filled Saturday. We actually ended the day by watching a show called The Vanilla Ice Project, a documentary about Vanilla Ice's house renovations. Where the hell have I been? Vanilla Ice is a general contractor now? Holy crap, the last thing I heard, he was selling rhyme by the gram.

  • Owner of the Buena Vista Inn in New Smyrna Beach actually called sister-in-law and told her she was hiring a lawyer---because we posted our terrible experience with them on Trip Advisor. Oh that's just about too much. O-okay!  You can barely write an e-mail and now you're going to take down the entire freaking Internet because a customer you treated badly provided a user review? Keep that comedy coming.

  • We finally had a date night, went to Daawat--a lovely Indian restaurant in the artists' district of Sarasota, and that's all she wrote. We were both so tired, we went home afterward and I was asleep within 5 minutes. Is that sad or funny? I don't know. One glass of red wine, and I'm out folks.

  • While we're on "funny or sad," here's one for you: I realized that we're spending over $150 per month for hypoallergenic dog food as we're doing our best to help Flanders with her skin issues. It's not working. The thing is, I don't have the guts to pull her from it. "What if it's just about to start working?" I ask myself. Guess I have no choice but to find the funny, even if my wallet isn't getting the joke.

  • The Rangers beat the Yankees. Funny...and awesome.

10 comments:

nursemyra said...

I'm intrigued by the ongoing Buena Vista Inn saga..... keep me posted

injaynesworld said...

I would have crashed after Indian food and a glass of wine, too. Sorry about your doggy. I had a cat with skin allergies and had her on the Dick Van Dyke allergy formula food which seemed to help. The other choice was prednisone, but I worry about long term effects on the immune system.

Yeah -- Vanilla Ice! Who knew?

Anonymous said...

Both. Sad & funny. Speaking of dog food, one of mine had chronic allergy problems throughout his life and I fed him some expensive duck & sweet potato food for a couple of years. He still had problems. He wanted to eat purina beneful and tried to scam it from the other dogs. I caved. Finally. Also, that flea pill (confortis) REALLY does work. If she has an allergic reaction to flea bites (and there's a pretty high probability there are fleas outdoors), the medicine will help.

Oh, the hotel people must be insane. Or bullies. Probably both.

M L Jassy said...

BVI saga is a full-on shocker. I am willing to sue them for pain and suffering just hearing about it!

Funny, I thought you wrote "Rangers" with the hard g sound as in "rang'o'tangs" as in redheads. It's the bush/country word for redheads.

I am so funny-sad right now I'm getting this vibe totally.

Erica@PLRH said...

So the owner of the Buena Vista Inn thinks that a negative user review is slander? Wouldn't it be funny if she ever stumbled across your blog?

I totatlly understnad about date night. I've been there.

Is Flanders doing ANY better on the pricey dog food? Poor girl.

Erica@PLRH said...

My bad... A written review would actually be libel.

I need caffeine.

Liz Mays said...

That is the most ridiculous attempt at trying to keep your SIL quiet!

I am so nuts about Indian food. I always order Channa Masala. Love that! I can stay awake a little longer than you though. ;)

Marvin said...

I saw those promos for Vanilla Ice. My first thought was, "we're both very old. Do I look as bad as he does? "

I'm so sorry Flanders' food isn't working. I don't know what to suggest.

Buena Vista Inn can SUCK IT. I'm tempted to write nasty things about them, and I have no reason other than they're being mean to you and yours.

Marvin said...

And anyone who beats the Yankees is okay in my book.

SuziCate said...

The lady at the Beuna Vista Inn just keeps coming up with new stuff...next thing you know she will be representing herself!