Monday, February 23, 2009

Journey: Most Annoying Band

I can't explain my need to blog about Journey and its annoying-ness. I liken their songs to televised football games, where all you can hear is the constant yelling of the announcers and a muffled crowd screaming at all times. I just want to tune it out. And you can't even enjoy it with chips and a sub.

And I do want to "Stop Believing." Stop believing that Journey can still be around...and touring...and invading otherwise decent radio stations with regurgitated early 80's tunes. My brother and sister-in-law saw them a couple of years ago, and as of late 2008 they were actually still doing sold out shows. WTF? Am I the weird one here?

There's a new lead singer too. Again. Lead singer number three. Isn't it really boy-bandish to get a new lead singer twice...after years and years of writing and performing music, splitting up for 10 years, and then reforming? Not that I have a great allegiance to Steve Perry, but really, Journey, REALLY. Can't you just go off and call yourselves something completely different, and disappear for another 20?

By the way, I'm a sucker for the song "Faithfully," but if I needed to trade it for a Journey-free satellite, I'd make the arrangement in seconds.

No comments: