Thursday, February 12, 2009

Crazy Facebook "Groups"

I hate to keep going back to Facebook, but there are quite a few remarkably entertaining things about it that I would be remiss as a good Gropius blogger in failing to mention.

The array of Facebook "Groups" is growing every day. You find the groups by observing what your friends have joined, by searching Facebook, or by accident (most cases, I suspect). For the most part, they are meaningless. Not much happens after you join them.

My two favorite groups to date (exclusively based on their concepts) are:

I Don't Care How Comfortable Your Crocs Are, You Look Like a Dumbass

People Against the Remake of "The Karate Kid" (When you click on this one to learn more, it says, "Sorry, this group isn't available right now.... Must be an exclusive "invitation only" group.)

It just doesn't get better than this, folks. Any other good Facebook Groups I've missed out on?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you think there should be a "You're a loser 'cause I have more meaningless friends than you do on FB"? It cracks me up how some ppl just rack up the names and you just know they have absolutely no relationship with 2/3 of them! Today my estranged sister in law who I haven't even spoken to in maybe 10 years friended me! Didn't even call or ask my parents if I was still alive last time she came through Sarasota, but had the balls to friend me! So ridiculous! rl