Thursday, October 9, 2008

Three Ridiculous Things About Today

  • I'll start out the list with the fact that today is Thursday, not Friday. It not only seems like today should be Friday, but I've earned it, man. Two 9 hour days, one 11 hour day, one 14 hour day, one parent teacher conference, one presentation, a drive to Tampa, a board meeting and a million meetings after Monday morning started, I'm ready for a break.

  • I actually had to tell someone "no" about the same thing for the fifth time today. This person introduced himself in my office early in the week--while crossing the personal space boundary of kissing my hand without invitation and calling me "princess," I might add. After making an unreasonable request once over the phone, twice in person and once with a written note, I had to explain to him AGAIN that the answer to the same question is (and will always be) "NO." I would truly hate to be a woman on a date with this guy.
  • There is no debate tonight. In a sick and twisted way, I've gotten quite addicted to watching two people twist words and history around (in various degrees, depending on the candidate) as they try to produce clever and "top that" oriented sound bites. For some reason, it produces a wild fighting urge in me. At once, it's maddening and exciting...and, er, a little depressing.
On the bright side, there is hope. Tomorrow is actually Friday, the probability of the no-man calling again has significantly diminished, and The Office is on tonight.


How has your week been?

2 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

Thank God tomorrow is Friday. This week has been exhausting. What's the picture all about?

BTW - Ain't no party like a Scranton party cause a Scranton party don't stop.

Anonymous said...

As someone dear to me used to say, "You are so true!" Why are some weeks so much more of punch to the gut than others? And how is it that no matter how fast we peddle these days, the work and stress just keeps piling on? I hope your weekend is relaxing and mindless and full of exotically beautiful birds to watch and cool breezes to catch.