Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Is it true?

Is it true that today is only Tuesday? Yesterday felt like an entire week.

I should be grateful that entire weeks are fitting into days, and thus available weeks in my life are multiplying by 5 (since this formula doesn't hold true for weekend days).
I'm working myself up into the mentality of waiting for each weekend to come, hoping the weekdays will run by with lightening speed. I need to cheer up. Here are three small things that would tide me over for now, Powers of the Universe:
  • Equip everyone with a WalMart Buddha, as I received yesterday from a local coaching goddess after admiring hers. The paradox of a Buddha from WalMart is a story in itself--a strangely comforting but confounding story. I'll keep it on my desk to signify hope.
  • A catalogue of all peeing statues in Sarasota. The one pictured here (courtesy of Skunk Ape Photography) is across the street from Zoria's on Main. To the simple passerby, this location is a typical downtown Sarasota scene. To those who take a more careful, studious approach, the location is the site of many an impropriety. One day last year, a bunch of kids had poured detergent in the "toilet" here and suds the height of a 10 story building were emerging. Little did they know that they could just approach this work of art from behind and get a giggle without causing a Level 17 clean up effort.
  • A new David Grimes Sarasota Curmudgeon blog posting every day. I hate it that you're not writing for the Herald any longer, but David, you're cracking me up on Sarasota Magazine's website.

I'm not asking for much. But I need to laugh frequently...and not always at myself.

1 comment:

Uncommon Blonde said...

I feel like it should be Thursday, this week is a killer for me. I am trying to think positive but then I look at my inbox